Championship Format for 2020 State Swimming and Diving
State Swim and Dive meet will move to Huntsville for 2020 season. o Sectional Swim Meets have been cancelled. State Meet qualifiers will be based on new time standards listed below and diving points achieved in an approved, sanctioned and observed meet per NFHS, USA Swimming/Diving or YMCA.
- Girls Timed Finals Meet will be on Friday, Dec. 4, and the Boys Timed Finals meet will be on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020.
- Meet will start with Diving at 9 a.m. (warm-ups) and swimming beginning at 2 p.m. (warm-ups) both days.
- After diving is completed, we will clear the facility to clean. Swimmers and parents will be allowed in after cleaning.
- State Meet Entries are due to Huntsville Meet Director no later than Nov. 24th.
- Meet Results will be asked for if swimmer does not achieve the time at the meet.
- Announcements will be made about social distancing and wearing masks throughout the meet.
- If a student or team tests positive for COVID-19 14 days or less prior to the meet, then the student or team cannot compete in the meet.
- Both days will be live streamed on the NFHS Network.
Award medals to be on a designated table for swimmers to pick up after their race. Someone will verify by list who picks up the medal.
- Announcer will announce the medalists after each race and team awards at the end.
- Team trophies will be on the table also for the head coach to take and a team picture taken in designated location to be taken by AHSAA photographer only.
- Wipes will be provided on the table.
CAPACITY and TICKETS:
- Goal is to have about 200 swimmers with ticket sales for 350-400 parents.
- The number of ticket sales for both days of State will be limited. GoFan will give each school a private code for parents to purchase tickets and limit the school’s tickets to entries. Two tickets per swimmer or diver (for individual entries), or one ticket per swimmer (relay only) can be purchased starting Monday Nov. 30. On Wednesday, Dec. 2, any tickets left over will be available to the general public.
- Teams must spread out on pool deck in both facilities and in bleachers of auxiliary pool and must wear masks.
- Only 2 coaches maximum per school will be allowed on pool deck per team. Nonessentials will be asked to sit in stands and count towards total ticket sales. No alternate swimmers will be allowed on pool deck, only swimmers and divers in the meet.
- Pass Gate will only allow coaches and administrators from participating schools through.
- Special Passes, 25-year, 30-year, or official card will not be allowed through the pass gate for the 2020 season.
GENERAL POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Coaches, officials, and volunteers will wear masks at all times.
- Encore Trainer will be on site.